Tuesday, April 8, 2014

C4K March Assignments

comments for kids

Little Voices, Little Scholars
Pt England School


I absolutely LOVED the video Danielle posted about Harold, the Giraffe. The New Zealand accent is just to die for! This is the comment I posted to Danielle on her blog site.

Hello, Danielle! I, too, am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States. Thank you for allowing us to post our comments about your awesome story of Harold, the Giraffe! I LOVE your accent!! Since I saw your video, I've been trying to make my Southern Alabama accent sound like one from New Zealand! I think it's awesome you're blogging at such a young age and sharing what you're learning in the classroom with people all around the world. What is your favorite thing about blogging? I am a librarian in an elementary school, and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to your story. Keep up the great work, Danielle!!

Click here to view the school picnic video from the Little Voices, Little Scholars blog posted by Hine.

This is the comment I left for Hine:

Hello! I am happy to have the opportunity to meet you and your classmates through a connection with my college professor at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I enjoyed watching the video of your school picnic, and I must tell you the red hats are awesome! You all looked like you were having a wonderful time. Did you make the video yourself using Animoto, and is it easy to use? Great job, and thanks for sharing!

Isiah is a relatively new student to the class, joining the group in February. So far, his only post is a photo welcoming him to the class. Here is my comment to Isaiah:

Hello, Isaiah! It's nice to meet you and your classmates through my college professor at the University of South Alabama in the United States. It looks like you have a wonderful teacher and lots of fun ways to learn new things in school. What is your favorite thing about using technology in your classroom?

Ms. Lagitupu's Class in New Zealand

Hiwarau blogged about walking to a nearby college for physical fitness classes with 12 year students. They learned to play a game called "Tiggy". I wasn't familiar, so I looked it up, and here's what I found out about it. Below is the comment I posted to Hiwarau about his experience:

Hello, Hiwariau! I am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States. Thank you for telling us all about how you learned to play the game Tiggy. I wasn't familiar with the game, so I looked it up on the Internet to learn more about it. It reminded me of a game I used to play when I was a little girl (a LOOOONNNNGGGG time ago) called TAG. Had you played the game before? It sounds like you had a great time going to the college for your physical fitness classes, and it seems like the 12 year students enjoyed it, too! I am impressed with your blogging skills. Keep up the great work

Shyla posted a video clip of her swimming lessons to go with her blog about how much she likes her instructor and that New Zealand is surrounded by water. Here's what I wrote to her:

Hello, Shyla! I am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States, and have enjoyed reading about your swimming lessons. I remember taking swimming lessons at a local pool when I was a very young girl, and even remember the color of the bathing suit I wore for my very first lesson. It was yellow with a little blue whale stitched on the chest. When you mentioned keeping your leg straight, I thought about how we would hold on the sides of the pool and practiced kicking and keeping our legs straight. I am glad you are learning to swim and like your instructor. What's your favorite part about your lessons? Keep up the great work with your blog, Shyla. It's wonderful reading about what you're learning

Calvin blogged about Tiaki Taonga, his school's motto for the year, which means caring for people and caring for things. I am totally into this mantra, and this is what I wrote to Calvin on his blog:

I am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States, and I absolutely LOVE the idea of Tiaki Taonga! I think everyone around the whole world should adopt the idea of caring for people and caring for things. Did you know your blog today has given someone on the other side of the world a new way of saying they care for other people? I can't wait to share with my students at my school where I am a librarian what I learned from you today! Thank you for sharing your blog with us. Tiaki Taonga. What are you doing to make other people feel special? Well, I can tell you one way you've done it so far is by sharing your thoughts here so others like me can learn new things! Great job, Calvin. Keep up the excellent work, and I will do my part to share your motto of Tiaki Taonga!

Ava is a 6 year old in Aukland, New Zealand. I am so impressed with how these young students are already using blogs on a regular basis to share their work. Ava, in Ms. Garden and Mr. Goodman's class, posted a document showing which math strategies she has been able to achieve thus far. Thinking about a 6 year old blogging, creating and uploading documents, and reflecting on their work is really a fantastic thing. Here's what I shared with Ava on her blog site.

Hello, Ava! I'm visiting your site from Phenix City, Alabama in the United States. Thank you for letting me see how you're using technology to show others what you're doing at school. I'm happy to see you're learning such cool things in math! I have always enjoyed math, and I love how you're able to show examples of what you're able to do using your blog site. Did you create this document on your own? If so, how did you do it? I also really like how you used graphics and an explanation of the strategies you are able to use to add and subtract. Great job with your blog site. Keep up the good work!


Elizabeth brings us a partially completed presentation about the native tree of New Zealand, the Harakeke. Here is what I wrote to her about one of my favorite trees in Alabama:

Hello, Elizabeth! I am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States, and am happy to know you are learning about your native trees! I love botany (the study of plants), and one of my favorite trees here in the southern United States of America is the tulip tree, or Liriodendron tulipifera. In the fall of the year, the leaves turn a gorgeous, bright yellow. Your native tree of New Zealand is also very beautiful, and I am impressed with your presentation so far. What is the most interesting fact you have learned during your research? I can't wait to see your finished product. Keep up the great work, Elizabeth!

Pou shared a ROBOT PATH which was right up my alley! This is what I wrote to him:

Hello, Pou! I am visiting you from Alabama in the United States, and I LOVE robots! I actually was a robotics teacher for about four years before becoming a librarian. Great job with your presentation! Did you actually program a robot to travel the path you showed? When I taught robotics, we build robots using LEGOs, then programmed them to perform tasks on the computer. What fun! Thank you for sharing your robot path with us on your blog. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment