Sunday, April 27, 2014

Post #10-What Did I Leave Out?

I Love Earth

I thought an idea for next semester could be to submit a lesson plan using the ALEX template. I've created one here appropriate for 1-2 graders to help celebrate Earth Day. I did this lesson with a group of first graders last week, and it went very well. You can see one of them explaining how he did his in the video below. He's simply adorable! The students create a computer "craftivity" showing ways to help save the planet. Would love some feedback if any of you have a chance to take a look, or especially if you have a chance to try it out with your students.

2 comments:

  1. I'll get Anthony and Jacey-Blair to comment on it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. You could even challenge your students and incorporate writing by letting them create and write their own ways they can help the Earth. I love how you gave them the option of choosing, though. I bet they loved it!

    You could extend the theme even further by recycling as a class. :]

    I did a mini unit on recycling with my first graders this past semester using the book, I Can Save The Earth. The main character is Max, The Little Monster (who eventually turns into Max, The Little GREEN Monster) and we did a similar activity to show off in the hallway. I'd love to share resources with you!

    ReplyDelete