Tuesday, April 8, 2014

C4T Rotating Weekly

teacher blogs

Lee Kolbert

This is my response to why Lee Kolbert, A Geeky Momma, is opposed to an app called Four Square. Although I was not familiar, at least now I am forewarned:

I, too, have been assigned by my college professor to follow your blog, and up until reading this post, wasn't familiar with 4sq, but now will be alerted not to download the app. I will, however, keep your blog in my feed as I find your topics interesting to follow. Thank you for your attention to detail and your visually appealing site.

Dean Shareski

Dean Shareski, Community Manager for Discovery Education Canada, blogged about the coolest thing that happened on his 50th birthday. As a result of his connections online and through his PLN, or what he likes to call his "Personal Living Network", he received 80+ pairs of socks from people within his circle. Some he knew, some he did not, and he wasn't even sure who was responsible for coordinating the effort. However, he was certain of the "joy and meaning" he received from people he's met and places he's visited online. I wasn't able to leave a comment for Dean because I wasn't sure how to do it. Actually, I didn't see comments left on any of his posts. You can check out his blog here. I liked the layout a lot.

Jenny She

Jenny She is a teacher in New Zealand who has been teaching her 6 year old students how to blog. I am so impressed with how well these young students have been able to grasp not only the technological concepts of blogging, but the reflective concepts of writing about what they have learned. Her class blog, Little Voices, Little Scholars was listed by Bill Ferriter, William Chamberlain and Pernille Ripp as one of the top classroom blogs worth exploring. You can check it out here. Below is my comment to Mrs. She:


Hello Mrs. She! I am visiting to you from Alabama in the United States, and I love that your students have such a great relationship with you and how you've incorporated the use of a variety of technology tools at such an early age. They will remember you forever, and your acceptance of their creativity is an example of an excellent teacher. Thank you so much for sharing your class blogs, and I have enjoyed reading your students' posts as well from your Little Voices page. They are such inspiring young minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment